IVF treatment in the normalization process
First of all, our health needs to be our number one priority. IVF treatment can be started by taking all necessary precautions in the following days when we enter the normalization process. Doctors, medical teams and IVF centers have taken all necessary measures to minimize danger. IVF treatment should be started after coronavirus tests of the team and the patient have been performed to ensure that the result is negative.
The measure should not be leftover
It is very important for couples who want to be treated as IVF to take all precautions against coronavirus, keep their immune systems strong, eat healthily, reach the ideal weight, and control stress. During the treatment, the entire team will serve you with masks and gloves, special hygiene rules will be applied in clinics, only appointments and limited patients will be accepted to maintain social distance. Couples will be provided to wear protective clothing such as masks and gloves.
What couples should pay attention to before treatment
– Needles will be applied to the expectant mother in the treatment of IVF and follow-up will be carried out through the expectant mother; It is important that he is spiritually and physically ready for this treatment. There are some procedures that couples should pay attention to and follow before IVF treatment.
– Since smoking and alcohol use will decrease the success rate in IVF treatment, smoking and alcohol use should be discontinued at least 2 months before starting treatment. Since caffeine use will decrease the chance of success; the consumption of food and beverages such as tea, coffee, chocolate, cola should be reduced. For example, coffee consumption should not exceed two cups a day. Coke and chocolate consumption should be limited.
Folic acid is a group B vitamin and is responsible for the healthy development of the baby’s spinal cord and brain structure. It is recommended that the expectant mother starts using folic acid and B12 at least one and a half months before starting IVF treatment.
– Before treatment, blood counts should be performed, thyroid hormones should be examined, and whether the body is immune to rubella virus should be investigated. Tests on the jaundice virus should be done. If the family has a history of diabetes, fasting blood sugar control should be done. If there is no smear test in the last six months, it should be done before starting treatment.
Research in recent years has shown that vitamin D is effective in the reproductive system. Before treatment, the amount of vitamin D in the body should be controlled and its deficiency should be eliminated. Stomach discomfort or heart valve problem should be investigated before treatment.
– Quality sleep patterns should be maintained and melatonin secretion should be supported. The expectant mother should plan daily life and working hours during the treatment. Since IVF treatment begins, the first 15 days of intensive control are required, so this leave should be used if necessary.
– In those with high BMI (body mass index), the ideal weight before treatment or at least 10 percent of the current weight increases the success rate.
– As a precaution against IVF failures, it should be investigated whether the mother and father candidate has genetic or systemic diseases, especially chromosome analysis, genetic coagulation factors, and immunological studies.
– If the woman or man has chromosome problems before embryos are selected for transfer, preimplantation genetic screening tests should be performed and the embryos of the normal structure selected here should be transferred.
– If there are intrauterine disorders in the expectant mother, these disorders should be treated with hysteroscopy or laparoscopy before proceeding with IVF treatment.